Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trashed


I hit the back bedroom with a vengeance, and managed to fill up my trash bin with all kinds of "stuff" - shoes, clothes, hangers, a pillow, old computer cables and CD's, baskets, office supplies, old receipts and bills, etc. The only thing left in that room is a small table I need to sell; there's one more box in the closet in there that I need to go through, and that will be it for that part of my house. I threw out one box that has moved everywhere with me for 20 years!

I'm now considering selling my TV and DVD player. I barely use them any more, since I cancelled Netflix and I don't have cable. I can use the TV to watch Amazon Instant shows, but I almost always watch those on the chromebook so I can move from room to room. I've never needed a big screen or fancy sound system.

It really feels great to have so much less junk in my life. I'm looking forward to the next round of purging :)

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds to me like you are really making a lot of headway!

Good for you and I hope things continue to go good!

tffnguy said...

Abby, you're doing a lot better then me. I keep coming up with stuff I shouldn't and the trash that can't be burned is taking up too much room in the tank. In short I find myself needing more storage. :(

Jim in WNC said...

Abby, I know exactly how you feel. Each time I go through stuff there's less mental resistance and I reach a little deeper. At this rate, soon all I'll have left is a toothbrush, some clothing, and an iPad. It's a great feeling!