Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Batteries, Greyhounds

Remember those batteries I got some time last year? The ones that have been sitting in my garage, in the dark, unhooked? Well, I finally got around to buying a charger/maintainer/desulphator/conditioner. Good God, the directions are awful. I spent about an hour reading the manual, then googled some stuff, and this 35 page manual boiled down to 6 really simple steps. Anyway, I got the first battery hooked up without incident, and left for work. When I got home, the green light was blinking in maintenance mode. Yay!

So I'm going to let that one be for a few days. Tomorrow, I should receive a 15W solar panel and charge controller, which I will use to keep the things topped off as they come off the charger. I'm sure I'll find some other use for this little panel after I get my "real" solar panels and charge controller at some later date.

In other news, the rescue that I fostered a couple of greyhounds for last year just brought back three more greyhounds from Florida. I went to meet them last night, and tomorrow morning I'll take my boss dogs (Tara and PD) to meet the only boy of this group. If all goes well, he'll be my new foster dog tomorrow afternoon :)

2 comments:

frann said...

There has been dog drama around me lately and I swear I'll never get another one. Nice to see your getting things lined up. When is your next trip west?

tffnguy said...

Abby, Probably a good deal you got something to maintain the batteries with. They don't like just sitting. The 15 watt should do fine as far as keeping them topped off. Still planning on a November trip down here?