Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dreaming of home

David over at the Terlingua or Bust blog reported that some road work was being done in our neighborhood, and kindly drove up my road to have a look and take some pictures. In this picture from last September, I'm walking toward my west property line. You can see James (the surveyor) set up in the road at the crest of the little rise between my place and the Legion.

Looking east near my west property line.

Edit: This is a new picture from David, showing what the road looks like now.


Way better! Of course, seeing this picture and the others he took has given me fresh motivation to get my butt out there again. I've been doing my best to NOT use my vacation time, saving it up so I can take at least 2 weeks next time, maybe 3. At this point, it's looking like November; I can take 2 weeks at Thanksgiving and only use 8 vacation days. If I recall, it's 25 hours of actual driving time from here to there, so figuring on 4-6 days being eaten up in travel time coming and going. And of course, I need to figure out what I'm going to build before I get there and bring it with me. I'm still leaning heavily toward a dome, but continue to look at other options.

4 comments:

tffnguy said...

Made it to the right place for pictures this time. :)

Abby said...

You sure did! I'll post that new pic you took of the road later. Boy, what a difference in the green from September to now...

tffnguy said...

Yeah its real drab down here now. Everyone is still looking for rain or more rain one.

HermitJim said...

I hope you get everything together and can get closer to moving!

Lots of rain would sure make a big difference in the vegetation, right?