Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Cleaning

The cold winter resulted in some enormous electric bills, and vet bills added to that, plus new glasses means I'm playing catch-up again, so... no progress on my homestead plans. Last week, I filled my trash bin with stuff that needed trashing, and I've got another full load ready to go for this week. I think that's it for the bigger items of junk, but I still have a lot of smaller things to sort through, and I noticed a lot of stuff in the garage that doesn't really need to be there. Small steps...

My DSL internet went out on March 3, and wasn't fixed until March 8. That was a pain in the butt. Too late, I remembered that my Google Chrome CR-48 notebook comes with a FREE Verizon 100mb/mo data plan. I had trouble getting it activated, but got in touch with a Chrome "ninja" who fixed me up in no time. Next time the DSL goes out, I can at least get to my email and Facebook. Will also be handy when traveling.

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

Seems like it's always "one step forward, two steps back", doesn't it?

Hang in there! I'm sure things will get better!

tffnguy said...

Abby, any plans on making another trip down here soon? Sorry you're having problems getting where you can get down here permanently! Did you ever get your batteries setup where you could start testing?

Abby said...

HermitJim, it sure does :) Yet somehow things keep moving forward!

David, I'm still eyeballing Memorial Day week for a trip out to the ranch, but that's not set in stone. And no, the batteries are not set up yet. Got a few more things I need to spend money on to get 'em going.

frann said...

I spend money as fast as I get it as I have found spare money causes emergency's.

offgridterlingua said...

dont you feel like there is some kind of force trying to keep u from moving? Darn , sometimes it feels that way dont it.