Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rough Sketch

Here's a rough sketch of the interior of the shipping container cabin; I created this using the Ikea Home Planner software. The kitchen is pretty well where I like it, the rest is a mock up using their furniture of approximately what I want and where it goes. This is far from exact, folks!

The object on the left is a rather tall bed, with the idea that the dogs' bed will be under it so I don't have dog beds all over the floor. Going to the right from there is a dresser/nightstand, wardrobe, desk, and broom closet. The back door will go out to the outdoor facilities. I will probably add more cabinetry above the desk and dresser and perhaps over the bed so there's plenty of storage.

5 comments:

Jim H. Moreno said...

Diggin' it. Needs more cowbell.

~mc~ said...

I've been reading from afar for a while, Abby ... that sketch captures the gist of your ideas really well. I wish you well :)

tffnguy said...

Looks livable and well thought out. I assume you will have the door / doors cut in one side? I've heard that the integrity of a container really goes down when the sides are cut. You might want to make sure who ever does it uses some iron to reinforce the openings from top to bottom.

HermitJim said...

Looks like all the preliminary things are included!

It will be interesting to see just what you finally come up with! Watching and reading with great interest!

Nick Cooper said...

looks good!