Sunday, October 24, 2010

Plan B

Ok, rearranged the cabin plan to put in a sliding glass door on the east side to give myself a stellar view of Nine Points Mesa.

You can see the outline of a 2nd slider on the south wall, and a door a bit to the right of it. I'm not sure that kitchen window will make it in; that's where the cooktop will be, above the under-counter refrigerator. The west wall is the door end of the container, so that could be left as-is, or I could open the doors and build a wall there to add a window AC unit. I would like to have a roof AC, like RV's have, but they don't make them low power enough to suit me. This thing should not take more than 5,000 BTU to cool, and they don't make RV air conditioners that small.

All it needs now is a nice covered patio for a living room and dining area :)

5 comments:

tffnguy said...

Abby, if you keep it up you'll show me how to build my dream house.

HermitJim said...

I like it...! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Jim H. Moreno said...

Dave, I'm watching everything she does, soaking up all the info she shares for when it's time to build mine. :)

tffnguy said...

Yeah! We're USING her. ;)

Nick Cooper said...

Looks like alot of cabinets, do you know a good cabinet person or something?;)