Monday, September 20, 2010

Missing Terlingua

I'm missing Terlingua very badly. I've been spending more time outside on the patio since I got back, and gazing up at the little tiny patch of sky I can see through the trees with like ONE star showing. Meh. Sunrise here happens behind the neighbor's house and trees. I gaze longingly at the picture of Nine Points Mesa sunrise I have for my desktop background. There is no comparison.

The smaller room is working out so far, but I'm going to rearrange it due to a new idea for cabin design.

6 comments:

Captain said...

I found your blog while digging around the "terlingua or bust" blog. Ive been wanting to move to Terlingua also and I am going to try to go for adobe construction for my house/cabin. Adobe is perfect for that enviroment and it last forever if maintained.

Abby said...

Captain, I love adobe! I think it's the smartest thing you can build with out there. I'd be afraid to try and build with that by myself, not having any construction knowledge, and I don't know anyone that could do it for me cheaply. Even something "earth sheltered" or "earth bermed" out there would help a lot with heating/cooling.

Do you have your land yet?

Nick Cooper said...

I know what you mean ,and another thing that will make you wish you were there. The starlight is closing and you never got to go there. BUMMER


I got the itch real bad too , hang in there.

Jim H. Moreno said...

Finding myself missing it, also.

Nick Cooper said...

are you getting rained on too?

tffnguy said...

Bout time for another thread isn't it? ;)