Sunday, August 15, 2010

The drawing board

I've spent many hours with graph paper and the online room designer this weekend and still haven't got a plan I like for my cabin. Where I'm running into trouble is with the storage - clothes closet, coat/stuff closet, and utility room. Arranging these to my liking is proving difficult. I also keep going back forth about the indoor plumbing thing.

If I can drag my butt out of bed early enough tomorrow, I'll go look at some 12v 150Ah AGM batteries I found online that are close to town here. He only wants $50 each for them, and says they're all good. They came out of a cell tower. It's worth a look.

I also want to stop at the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and see what they have in windows, doors, and kitchen cabinets.

7 comments:

Nick Cooper said...

checked out the batts and they are a good type. hassel free.

Abby said...

Good, because they're sitting in my garage now :) Next task will be to choose a charge controller and inverter. And find some solar panels!

tffnguy said...

Abby, you are invited to a Brunch here Sunday Sept 4th. at about 10:00 AM. (If you are down here) In attendance should be JustMe, frann & Steve, The Dawsons (also close neighbors to your land) Bigfoot & Little foot (if they are here and they are also fairly close neighbors to your land) also possibly several other bloggers and/or blog followers and maybe some Legion members / bar tenders. If Nick is here at the time he should be attending to. RSVP please.

Abby said...

Thanks, tffnguy! If we've made it down by then, we will be there!

Abby said...

And, uh, Sunday is the 5th ;)

Dani said...

$50 each - a bargain - and they're good - brilliant.

Hope the brunch is delicious - what's on the menu?

Dani

Mr_Brown said...

Abby,
I was checking out your blog and see that you have a webcam, but it doesn't seem to work in my browser. I need some sort of plug in. Any idea if that is a java or flash player?
Thanks,