Friday, July 2, 2010

Next steps

Yesterday, I shot off an email to request the 911 address for the property. I understand I'll need that before I can get other things done. This morning, I downloaded a copy of the county's homestead exemption application. This can't be filed until after January 1, but I made a note on my calendar to remind myself to do it. The phone company lady still hasn't responded about DSL availability. Guess I need to call.

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out when I can get down there to see the place, get some pics and video, and meet the neighbors. Maybe Labor Day weekend? I would love to bring the dogs with me, too, but it's 24 hours of drive-time to get there, and for the time constraint, I think I'd be better off flying. We'll see what happens, and if a good airfare comes up, between now and then.

Update: Holy cow, Aaron just called me back already. My 911 address for the property is 530 W. Legion Rd, Terlingua, TX 79852. Note: This will not be my mailing address!

2 comments:

I said...

wow that was quick, I'll try to go out there today and take some pics from the north east corner. It should be 1500 ft from the legion on legion rd on the left side driving west.

Abby said...

Uh... right side if you're heading west :) It's on the north side of the road. If the map scale is correct, it should be just at or over half a mile from 118.