Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And the kitchen sink, too

Yep, just ordered the kitchen sink. A good sized 7" deep bar sink, equal in size to half of your typical double bowl kitchen sink, so the dish drainer will fit nicely inside it. $56 shipped on Ebay.
It's an under-mount, and I'm strongly considering a wood counter-top from Ikea.  If you're wondering why the small cooktop and sink, it's because my future kitchen will be approximately 6' long, in a cabin of 240 sq ft or less.

I'm still hoping to find a good deal on some used kitchen cabinets on craigslist, or perhaps a cool piece of furniture that could be converted to house the sink and cooktop. 

8 comments:

Pam said...

pretty cool, so with all your dogs where are you going to sleep, lol?!

Abby said...

Pam, the dogs all hang out in what ever room I happen to be in, which is usually my 12x12 master bedroom where the computer is. Last fall, I had a roomie, and I was in the 10x10 guest bedroom, and we all fit in there just fine, but 12x12 is much roomier :) Before I had the dogs, I lived in a 17' travel trailer with the cat and loved it. Small spaces are WAY cheaper to heat and cool, and much faster to clean.

Abby said...

Oh, and Pam, take a look at this site to see a good example of a tiny house: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

I couldn't do something that small with my 4 dogs, but I'd love it otherwise!

Just Me said...

Hey Abby,
I moved from a 3/2 with mortgage in Athens, GA to raw land in Terlingua, TX (about 5 miles SE of yours) in 2006. I'm now splitting my time between Midland, TX and Terlingua. Would love to chat with you. John Wells or Nick Cooper can give you my e-mail address. I'd rather not post it on a blog to prevent the resultant spam.

Abby said...

Cool, Just Me! Same reason my addy isn't readily available :)

I said...

Tempted to post both of them on my blog... he he he

Abby said...

Oooh, Nick likes to live dangerously... ;)

I said...

Im tempted by alot of things, but smart enough not to do them ;)