Thursday, October 8, 2009

Further organization

The table is working out well as a desk. I do miss the handy drawers, but I'm getting by so far without. The table is 14x39, as opposed to the desk at 24x44. The table is a perfect depth for the netbook, and still wide enough to hold my purse, cell phone, and coffee without being crowded. In my last post, I also mentioned rearranging the furniture, which I did, and I got the cabinet and a couple of pictures hung, and brought in one of my fake plants.

My new external DVD ROM drive came yesterday, and definitely passes muster for watching movies on the netbook. I'll give that some more time before I sell off the TV in the living room. I do like watching movies on a big screen, but I've gotten rather accustomed to kicking back in bed with the netbook on my lap to watch stuff. I also have one of those little folding TV tables that I use sometimes, too. I store it behind the bedroom door when not in use. The DVD ROM also fits nicely in (or on top of) the cabinet when not in use.

Today, the first of my underbed baskets arrived. I ordered one medium and two large. The two large ones should get here tomorrow. I'll try my files in one of the large ones. I'm not quite sure what's going in the medium and the other large, but I do have quite a bit of stuff still in my office closet that needs a home. I'm hoping that will be it for my storage needs.

I'm still looking for something to use as an attractive laundry hamper. I've been eying storage ottomans, since that would serve as a seat, too. Or a footrest. I also have my eye on a reclining desk chair for more comfortable movie viewing or chat sessions with the netbook.

So... things continue to shape up in my simplification plan. Storage, multi-purpose items, and less stuff!

No comments: